Panic stations are go..........
I’m worried about tomorrow. Not literally, but figuratively. Helen (our literacy resources coordinator) officially announced that she would not be returning next year. And I’m panicking. She is the most amazing and inspirational woman I have ever worked with. She carries with her a wealth of experience about education and children and life. Everyone comes to her for advice about their students, their own kids, themselves! She is brainy (like, really smart), and a very good dresser (although I’m sure she doesn’t think so herself). Outwardly, Helen is perpetually calm. Like you’ve always caught her in the middle of a meditation session. She has this incredible ability to ‘smooth’ her way through the day. She would have made and excellent Jedi Master. Even when she’s mightily upset, the expletives merely insinuate themselves into the flow of her conversation so that you have to do a double take to make sure that you heard what you think you heard.
And she’s my role model. I want her to adopt me.
She is the ultimate ‘fuss-free’ product. Where I am feisty and quick to bite, Helen thinks her way through stuff before reacting. She never says the wrong thing at the wrong time. She comes up with the best ideas, and before you know it, they've been implemented, recorded and she’s evaluating already. Her advice is priceless. She only works 0.5, but her output is more than full time.
No one else will be able to step into her shoes and do even a passable job. And I won’t have anyone to learn from... I don't begrudge her the choice, but I will certainly miss her when she goes.
I’m worried about tomorrow. Not literally, but figuratively. Helen (our literacy resources coordinator) officially announced that she would not be returning next year. And I’m panicking. She is the most amazing and inspirational woman I have ever worked with. She carries with her a wealth of experience about education and children and life. Everyone comes to her for advice about their students, their own kids, themselves! She is brainy (like, really smart), and a very good dresser (although I’m sure she doesn’t think so herself). Outwardly, Helen is perpetually calm. Like you’ve always caught her in the middle of a meditation session. She has this incredible ability to ‘smooth’ her way through the day. She would have made and excellent Jedi Master. Even when she’s mightily upset, the expletives merely insinuate themselves into the flow of her conversation so that you have to do a double take to make sure that you heard what you think you heard.
And she’s my role model. I want her to adopt me.
She is the ultimate ‘fuss-free’ product. Where I am feisty and quick to bite, Helen thinks her way through stuff before reacting. She never says the wrong thing at the wrong time. She comes up with the best ideas, and before you know it, they've been implemented, recorded and she’s evaluating already. Her advice is priceless. She only works 0.5, but her output is more than full time.
No one else will be able to step into her shoes and do even a passable job. And I won’t have anyone to learn from... I don't begrudge her the choice, but I will certainly miss her when she goes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home